Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Worse

I thought things couldn't get worse at the Post Office after Monday of last week's debacle where we were down 3 routes and had to do double routes. I was wrong. What is worse than that? Being down SIX routes! I couldn't believe it. A sub from another post office who was scheduled to work at ours got tagged to work at his on short notice. A regular carrier came down with chickenpox. One of our regular subs was still sick from his trip home. Another sub who was scheduled to work walked out and had to be persuaded to come back. Yet another sub had car problems and couldn't make it in. Lastly, we didn't have a sub to do the sixth route from the get go. It was the worst mess I've seen yet. I ended up casing mail on 5 different routes and, I ended delivering it on one till 8 p.m. I racked up 13 hours yesterday. Today, it looks like we'll ONLY be down 1 route. After yesterday, that'll be a cake walk. We'll see how it goes. Cheers!

No comments: