Monday, August 10, 2009

Motorcycle Course

I stopped by the local Harley Davidson dealership. They offered the motorcycle safety course you have to take in order to get your motorcycle license. Without that license, I can't ride the super scooter I want to buy very badly. So, I asked what September dates they'll have and if I could get into a class on short notice. It turns out I can't get in on short notice as their classes fill up quickly. Concerning dates, once it's likely I can get 3 days off to do the course, I'll have to check back with them when they'll be offering the course on Mondays through Wednesdays. They also offer the course Thursday through Sunday HOWEVER, if there is one day I can't take off, it's Saturday. Saturdays are always a mess at the Post Office where I work. So, I have to take the course Monday through Wednesday.
On something related to the course, I ordered myself some motorcycle boots. You need something that has thick soles and covers the ankle for adequate protection. These will do the trick WHEN I get them. To my annoyance, they got back ordered. I'm hoping they'll show up sometime around the 17th. We'll see. Stay tuned for more motorcycle adventure stuff.

No comments: