Sunday, August 16, 2009

Crazy Day

Yesterday, I had a crazy day at the Post Office. For starters, we were short one carrier for one of the routes so we had to break it up and, I had to take part of the route. Second, I tried to help case mail on the route. However, I don't know the mail case and, I ended going in circles trying to find addresses on the mail case. Lastly, the delivery to point service mail (DPS) got totally messed up. There were large amounts of mis-sorted mail in the DPS. This meant I had to go through all the DPS mail and find the mis-sorted mail for my route and the part of the other route I was taking. It was a real nuisance. Still, I managed and got through the day. Tomorrow promises to be worse as we'll be down 2 carriers and have to break up 2 routes. We'll see how long my day ends up being tomorrow. Cheers all!

2 comments:

Jim Jannotti said...

We love to laugh at each other at our PO and watch each other "spin." We're all doing it now, even the regulars, since the massive reallocation.

Ditto said...

It's good you can laugh. That was the last thing I was doing this past week. Every day, I had to take a bump or deliver Express Mail in addition to doing a full route. I worked nearly 15 hours Monday and worked 10 every other day. The paycheck will rock but, the long hours stunk. We'll see how this week goes.