Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Home Again

I made it home last night. The Globus Canada tour I was on finished Sunday. Globus had the tour finish with a bang by having the group go to Niagara Falls and a farewell dinner at the CN tower. Niagara Falls were very impressive. They are the biggest falls I've ever seen. Globus included a ride of the Maid of the Mist boat which takes you right up to the falls. The boat ride was a lot of fun. After the boat ride, I made my quickest trip to the U.S. when I dashed across the border so I could get a Hard Rock Cafe t-shirt from the U.S. Niagara Falls Hard Rock Cafe. Then, I dashed back to Canada to get the Canada shirt. The dinner at the CN tower was top knotch. However, I was saddened as the tour was over. We had a nice group.
Monday, I made my way home. I'd heard flights were being delayed into and out of New York. To my relief, I got out of Toronto all right. However, I got stuck in New York JFK Airport for 4 hours! When our plane arrived at Baltimore Washington Airport (BWIA), we got stuck on the tarmac for 40 minutes. Another plane had taken our spot and, they had to move the other plane so we could park. I ended getting home around 11 p.m. Aargh!
Thankfully, I gave myself a couple days to recover and catch up on stuff. I need to buy groceries, pay various bills and hand out presents I bought on the trip. However, I've already contacted my travel agent Joel Mills to see about my next tour. That one will be a while as there isn't any place I'm real anxious to see during the winter. A cruise would be nice but, I absolutely want my own cabin and, they charge double for that. I may do a trip home during the winter. I promised my Dad I would try to make it home more often. Come summer, I'm determined to see Ireland. That trip would be a 2 weeker. There is lots to see there. One nice thing about Ireland is it's not super far flying wise. Joel said Globus should release its summer Ireland tour dates soon so, I should be able to figure when I want to go and put a deposit down. Once I do that, I'll counting the days till I get to go to Ireland. Cheers all!

No comments: