Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Condolences

I was having a slightly busy day today. Between appointments, I decided to call my step-mom Kay and find out how things were going with her and her husband Ed. Ed has been sick for over a year at least. After scores of tests, the doctors finally found out what was wrong with him. He had primary amyloidosis. It's a plasma cell disorder which affects 2,000 people a year. There is a clinic in Boston which is renowned for treating the disorder and Ed was going to go to the clinic for treatment. I expected when I called Kay to found out that he had started the treatment. It came as a great shock when Kay told me that Ed arrived at the clinic this past Sunday and died there. I was very sorry to hear the news. From the few times I'd met the man, he seemed like a very decent bloke. I know he and my step-mom were very happily married. I hope my step-mom can find comfort in that at least his suffering is over. If any of my blog readers pray, please say a prayer for my step-mom to help her as she deals with this terrible event. I know she would appreciate it. Cheers!

No comments: