Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Auction

One of the employee incentive programs Medieval Times has is a program called Medieval Dollars. Medieval Dollars are fake money that the castle awards to its employees for any number of things. It can be awarded for meeting your sales quota in gift shop or the photo department. It can be awarded for perfect timeliness. Basically, it is awarded for doing something beyond the norm. It encourages employees to give that extra effort.
Now, you ask what good are Medieval Dollars? That is where the bi-annual auctions come in. The auctions are where those who have earned Medieval Dollars get to use them to bid on various items the management has bought for the auction. Example: I bid and won on 4 tickets to the Maryland Renaissance Festival. For me, this was a really nice reward for giving that extra effort as it was something I really wanted to do. Others won an Xbox, a food processor, a 158 piece tool kit, gift certificates to Damon's Sports Bar and to one of the Texas Roadhouse restaurants. There were some nice prizes to be won.
Overall, I think the Medieval Dollars program is a great employee incentive program. It definitely rewards and encourages its employees to take their work up another notch. I know I will because of the program. It also makes me glad to have sacrificed some bucks so I could work at the castle. I can make a lot more money carrying mail for the Post Office vice working at the castle. The prizes I won at the auction made me glad I decided work at the castle vice making the bigger bucks at the Post Office.

No comments: