Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Remomo

As I mentioned previously, I plan to write up a number of blog entries on restaurants I dine at as I play the airmile game with Northwest and British Airways. The first restaurant I've dined at is Remomo's at Arundel Mills Mall. Remomo's serves excellent Italian food though they offer steaks and seafood as well. I dined there three times in the past week. This is what I thought of my visits.
Remomo's offers a nice choice of appetizers. I tried the calimari and minestrone with crab meat. I found the calimari to be well done. One of the things you have to watchful with calimari is getting stuck with large chunky pieces. Eating one of those is like trying to eat a piece of rubber. It doesn't work. To my delight, I didn't have that problem with Remomo's. They also gave a nice portion of marinara sauce that went well with the calimari. In regards to the minestrone soup with crab meat, this was very tasty. It was a nice soup and would be a good start to any meal.
In regards to entrees, I tried the delmonico steak, prime rib and Italian cut salad. I haven't had steak in a while so I looked forward to the Remomo's delmonico steak. I wasn't disappointed. It was very nicely cooked and I savored every bite. The only fault I could find with it was that it was outdone by Remomo's prime rib. Remomo's prime rib is truly outstanding. Both meats come with a nice portion of sweet and regular potatoes but the prime rib outshines their delmonico steak. They include some excellent horseradish sauce which goes with it perfectly. If you want an excellent piece of superbly cooked beef, you won't go wrong with their prime rib. The only complaint I have with the prime rib is that it's only offered after 3 p.m.
If you're not hankering for a nice piece of beef or you want to watch the cholesterol, you might want to try Remomo's Italian cut salad. The serving is impressive and will definitely fill you up. When I saw the size of the salad, I regretted ordering a half order of sauteed mushrooms with it. Oh well. The salad comes with cut pieces of ham and salami, lettuce and onions, Greek olives and tomatoes and is topped by a very nice salad dressing. The salad is a meal in itself and would fill the bill for a main entree.
I also tried the sauteed mushrooms, a strawberry smoothie and Remomo's lemonade. I found the mushrooms decent though nothing to get terribly excited about. The smoothie was good but at $4.50 a glass, it wasn't something that I was going to drink a lot of. Remomo's serves a good selection of soft drinks. They cost $1.99 but come with free refills. I can attest that I put a hurting on them there and was very pleased with their free refill offer.
Some of the things I didn't try was their beer and wine selection. From what I saw of the list, it very good. As I was alone and had to drive, I had to pass on trying them. When it comes to driving, I don't take any chances with alcohol.
Overall, I was very pleased with Remomo's. The service was consistently excellent. The food was delicious and well presented. Cost wise, I thought their prices were very reasonable. Since they're at Arundel Mills Mall, Remomo's is very easy to get to. The only problem there is trying to find a parking space at times. I would definitely recommend this fine restaurant to anyone. If you're in the Hanover, Maryland area, you should give Remomo's a try. Bon appetit!

No comments: