Sunday, November 26, 2006

Golden Corral
I'd planned to eat at Remomo's for Thanksgiving but when I arrived there, I found out to my dismay that they were closed. Worse still, virtually the entire mall was closed. I saw that McDonald's was open when I arrived at the mall but, I wasn't thrilled about eating a hamburger on Thanksgiving. Then, I remembered that the Arundel Mills Golden Corral restaurant was open. I decided to try it. I'd never eaten at that particular restaurant but, I believe all Golden Corral restaurants are the same. They specialize in offering a flat price buffet lunch or dinner. They only thing you have to pay extra for is your drink. My soda cost me $1.29 I believe.
I found the restaurant clean and of decent appearance. They had a salad buffet, entree buffet and desert buffet. All three were included with the price. Each buffet had a good choice of items. I tried the fake crab salad and found it good. From the entree buffet, I tried the roast beef, turkey breast and bourbon chicken. I also tried their cooked corn, boiled cabbage and mashed potatoes. I found all the items in the main entree to be good solid food. For dessert, I had a rice krispy treat.
Overall, I found the food at Golden Corral to be decent food. It won't impress you with its appearance or wipe you out with its taste but it will fill you up. The main thing I liked about Golden Corral was I felt it was excellent value. The meal and drink cost me approximately $16. I thought that was a great price considering wide range of the items they offered. If you want a decent filling dining experience at a very reasonable price, you might want to give them a try.

No comments: