Monday, November 20, 2006

Chicken Wings

After working a double show at Medieval Times, I ran over to Remomo's restaurant to buy some food to go. At Remomo's, you can dine in or you can buy food from a shorter menu and eat it in the mall or take it home. After spending ten minutes trying to decide what I wanted to get, I settled on their hoagie and two orders of chicken wings. I laughed as I bought the chicken wings because it was largely chicken wings that got me in the airmile game.
While I was stationed in England, I decided to join British Airways Executive Club. I wanted to fly their Concorde aircraft but I didn't want to pay for it. The cheapest price I ever saw to fly Concorde was over $6,000! I thought collecting airmiles was the way for me to get to do it and not kill my bank account. I found that it was easy to collect airmiles with British Airways while in England. When I moved to Northwest Florida, that all changed. I found myself in a bit of predicament as to how to earn airmiles there.
I heard of BA's Executive Club dining program. You could earn up to 10 airmiles per dollar spent at participating restaurants. I thought, that was the way to go. However, when I asked what restaurants participated in the program where I lived, I found out to astonishment that only one group of restaurants participated in the program. It was the Hooters restaurant chain. For those of you who don't know Hooters, Hooters is a notorious chain that specializes in well endowed skimpy clad waitresses and chicken wings. My mouth dropped when I visited a Hooters for the first time. I found out that only the first visit each month to each restaurant counted airmile wise. As Hooters had three (later five) restaurants in the program, I made it a point to visit each Hooters once each month. As I could only each so much food at each Hooters, I looked for ways to buy more stuff. One of them was to purchase chicken wings to go. At one point, I had over 300 Hooters chicken wings in my refridgerator. I marvel that I didn't grow wings considering I ate so many of their wings. This is why when I ordered some chicken wings to go at Remomo's, I had a nice little laugh.

No comments: