Thursday, November 30, 2006

Radio City Music Hall

The main reason I wanted to come back to New York City during the Christmas season was to see the Rockettes perform at Radio City Music Hall. They only perform during certain times. Christmas time is one of them. I'd heard from my friend May Jackson that they were spectacular. As it turned out, she was right.
The first thing that impressed me was the hall the show is performed in. It is a beautiful hall and it is humongous. They must be able to seat four or five thousand people in there. Second, thanks to our travel agent, Harvey and I had phenomenal seats. We were only 6 rows from the stage. I was delighted.
The show itself was spectacular. It was filled with wonderful music, great costumes and sets and the outstanding Rockettes. Those ladies know how to dance. Particular highlights were the 3-D trip Santa Claus makes to New York City, the great organists, the moving orchestra, the ice skaters and the stunning living nativity act. A person couldn't help but be dazzled by the show. It was really that impressive. Time wise, the show lasted around an hour and twenty minutes though it should be noted that once the show started, there weren't any breaks or intermissions. The action was continuous and constantly full of surprises. Adults and children would both love the show. It is a show for all ages.
Overall, the show was spectacular, sensational, awesome, breathtaking in its beauty and incredibly impressive. It is an absolute must see if you're in New York City during the Christmas season. Price wise, the tickets Harvey and I had cost $85 each. Considering where we were seated and the show itself, I thought that was a fair price. I was very happy with what I received for my money. I would absolutely recommend this show with the caveat that you try to get good orchestra seats. You should be able to see the show from the upper levels but, it would be nicer to be closer to the action. But above all, do see the show. It'll brighten up your spirits and definitely help put you in the Christmas spirit.

No comments: