Saturday, November 11, 2006

Col. R. B. Thieme Jr.

I checked the R. B. Thieme Jr. Bible Ministries webpage today. I was wondering how Colonel Thieme was doing. For all effective purposes, Colonel Thieme has been my pastor for over 11 years now. I don't go to church as I haven't found one near where I live that I like. Plus, I've found it very convenient to listen to Colonel Thieme's bible doctrine tapes. Listening to the tapes, I can go to church anytime I want. Also, I feel the tapes have done a lot for me. They've helped me get through a number of crices in my life. Colonel Thieme himself was something of a character. He was very much a straight shooter who wasn't afraid to pull any punches. Now sadly, he is suffering from Alzheimer's disease. My heart goes out to his family. It has to be hard to deal with a loved one who increasingly can't even remember who you are. It also saddens me because he was such a vibrant man. He was so full of life and so driven in teaching the bible. I'll never forget the bible conference I got to go where I got to see him in person. It was really something. I wonder why God struck him with Alzheimer's. He was such a great pastor-teacher and he helped so many advance spiritually. It doesn't seem right in some ways. Oh well, as Thieme would say, God's plan is perfect so we must trust in him. I hope God has granted peace to Colonel Thieme in these twilight years of his life. He certainly deserves it after all the years he worked so hard for God and his plan.

No comments: