Friday, April 14, 2006

Medieval Times Update
I drove out to the Baltimore Medieval Times where I work to try out my new Linksys Wireless Notebook Adapter with SpeedBooster on my laptop. I bought the adapter so I could take advantage of the new wireless internet service they're offering. I'd never messed with this type of wireless connection before. The way I usually hook-up to the internet is with a Sprint PCS Connection card. The card enables the user to hook-up to the internet any where in the U.S. where they can pick up a Sprint cell phone signal. It's really handy and with the EV-DO upgrade, speeds of up to 2 megabytes per second are possible. Still, the new service at Medieval Times promised a connection of FIVE megabytes per second. I found out the computer technician who told me that got it wrong. I got ELEVEN megabytes per second! I couldn't believe the incredible speed. I tested it on the trailers for Chronicles of Narnia and Pirates of the Caribbean movies. It was awesome! The trailers loaded immediately and there weren't any breaks while they played. Less demanding webpages came up in mere seconds. I was ecstatic. If you want some awesome internet connectivity and live within driving range of the Baltimore Medieval Times, you'll want to check it out.
P.S.
If you want a good tasting drink, you might want to try a Creamice with caramel flavoring. I tried one of those today and it was Good! Cost for one is $4.

No comments: