Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Trader Joe's Maple Water Review

Another product I decided to try at Trader Joe's while shopping at their Pikesville, Maryland store is maple water. The water is the sap that runs out of sugar maple trees in late winter/early spring. The sap is boiled down and turned into maple syrup. Trader Joe's sells the water/sap in 32 ounce containers for $2.99.

I expected a maple taste and some kind of dark coloring as you see in maple syrup. To my surprise, the maple flavor was extremely faint and, there wasn't any kind of color in the water. The water at times was clear. However, each 8 ounce glass of the water still has 25 calories and gives you 30% of your daily requirement of manganese. So, the water is good for you.

Overall, I thought this product was neat for its novelty. I won't rush out to buy more as I can hydrate myself more cheaply with Powerade or Gatorade. You might want to buy some if you think it would be neat to try some maple water/sap. Happy drinking all!

No comments: