Friday, July 17, 2015

Bar S Chicken Franks Review

One of the cheap food items you can find at Dollar Tree Stores are Bar S Chicken Franks i.e. hot dogs. The stores sell the 12 ounce/8 hot dogs packs for $1.

The hot dogs are decent tasting, easily microwavable and not super fattening (110 calories per hot dog with 80 coming from fat). They must be refrigerated and, they have a shelf life of about 3 months (guesstimating based on one of the packs I bought).

Per the pack I bought, each hot dog has 440 milligrams of salt (18% of your daily requirement), 50 milligrams of cholesterol and 3 grams of saturated fat.

Overall, I think Bar S chicken franks are ok. The big thing with them in this case is their CHEAP. Like I said, Dollar Tree Stores sells them for $1 per pack which I think is a good deal. If you want some CHEAP hot dogs, these are worth checking out. Bon Appetit!

No comments: