Friday, March 27, 2009

Training

I got to train the last 2 days on a new route. My supervisor wants me to do the route next Monday and, I can't reasonably do it unless I've been trained on it. I hate learning new routes as it makes me feel like a new hire all over again. You have to hunt all over the case for the various addresses. Also, you feel like you're moving so slow compared to the normal speed you can case the mail on a route you know. It can be very frustrating. Lastly, you're more likely to make mistakes out on the street delivering the mail. It can be very easy to forget to check your accountables, your small parcels or your large parcels while you're trying to deliver the letters and flats (magazines, newspapers, fliers). I wish I had more time to learn the route but, there isn't time. We'll see how I do when I have to deliver it next Monday. Cheers all!

No comments: