Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Easy Day at the Post Office

It is known that Tuesdays are the easiest day to deliver mail at the Post Office. The mail is caught up from the weekend and, there seems to be a little gap between it picks back up on Wednesday. Today, the mail seemed especially light. My Postmaster called all the First Class mail up at 9:30 a.m. to my astonishment. Once the Postmaster calls all First Class mail up, you can empty your mail holds one last time and then, you can start packing up the mail for your assigned route. By 10:30 a.m., I'd packed up all my mail including packages and loaded up my mail truck. 10 minutes later, I departed my Post Office to deliver my mail. 3 hours later, I was done. I arrived back at my Post Office at 2 p.m. I could scarcely believe it. This was the earliest I'd ever finished. Also, I'd beat the assessed time on the route. Something, I rarely do. It was nice to have an easy day at the Post Office. I don't get many of those. Cheers all!

No comments: