Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Back to Work

I ended up going back to work at the Post Office. I wasn't supposed to work yesterday. When I put in my leave slip, I gave myself 3 days to recover from my Egypt vacation. I stopped by the Post Office where I work yesterday to give a co-worker a t-shirt and nubian hat I bought him. While I was there, another carrier who was working supposedly got sick and claimed she needed to leave. There isn't any way to know if she was legitimately sick. The supervisor was now in a bind. We were already short handed and, it would've been impossible to find someone on such short notice. He asked me if I could help out a little. I agreed to. I ended up delivering the entire auxiliary route. It was interesting to do that route as I haven't done it in a while. Another plus was I could use the bucks. I kept my charges down while I was in Egypt but, I still have a lot of bills to pay. There's this years taxes, the scooter I plan to get and paying off the U.S. and Canada tours. While an extra 5 hours won't make a huge dent in those bills, it will help a little. So, I was glad to do it. Today, I'm back on the schedule and will deliver Express Mails and who knows what else. Every day seems to be a crisis at the Post Office so you never know what you might end up working. We'll see how it goes. Now, I'm counting down to the U.S. and Canada tours. Approximately 120 days to go on those. Plus, I'm looking into doing another Caribbean cruise. We'll see what happens on that. Cheers all!

2 comments:

Jim Jannotti said...

there is no escaping from the long arm and watchful eye of the post office!

Welcome home.

Ditto said...

Thanks for your kind comments Jim. I can't say it's great to be back. This past week was crazy at our Post Office. We're short subs and, we had regular carriers calling out. We had to break up routes 2 days in a row. I had to carry a full route both those days and do part of the other routes. It made for a long day. Yesterday, I worked nearly 11 hours.

Oh, I did remember to mail you a postcard from Egypt. One advantage of getting sick was it gave me a chance to catch up on my postcard writing. I mailed your postcard from Aswan, Egypt. I don't have a clue how long it'll take to reach you. Please let me know when you get it. Cheers!