Thursday, October 16, 2008

Travel Plans

I believe I posted an entry about future travel plans here. In the last couple days, one of those plans got changed. I'd hoped to do back-to-back cruises in the Caribbean with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. They were the ones I went with this past March. I would've sailed on the Adventure of the Seas again and seen some islands I haven't seen before. Royal Caribbean killed those plans fast. It seems that if I want a cabin to myself, I have to pay double. Unlike other travel operators, Royal Caribbean doesn't have a single supplement. All the prices they quote on their website are based on double occupancy. If you want that rate and you're single, you have to find a roommate. I've been done having roommates since I moved out of the dorms when I was in the Air Force. I'd rather do something else than have to get a roommate for a trip. So, I won't be doing any cruises with Royal Caribbean for a while and, I'm a bit pissed off with them. I did manage to find something else I'd like to do travel wise in January 2010. Globus has a 2 week tour of South Africa. The trip combines history, culture and wildlife. The only drawback I know of is that crime is supposedly bad there i.e. I'm going to have to be careful. Barring that and a long flight down there, it sounds like a nice tour. We'll see if it happens. Hopefully, it will.

No comments: