Monday, October 13, 2008

Renfen

On a different note, I had to include a post about my visit to the Maryland Renaissance Festival yesterday. I'd agree to meet up with my friend Sven and his very kind wife Barbara. I also got to meet his daughter and her husband. All of us were dressed in garb i.e. costume. Sven was dressed as a wizard and was so impressive, a number of people came up and took his picture. He really does look the part.
The festival was packed! There were long lines at all the food booths which was very annoying. Also, some of shops were packed too. I promised Susan, one of the ladies I met on the tour of France I did that I'd buy a bag of lavendar to put number my pillow. She said the scent helps you sleep. I went in search of a shop that I thought would sell it. To my annoyance, I went 180 degrees the wrong way. I had to walk all the way back of Mary's Dale Way to find the shop Blessed Scents which did sell bags of lavender. For some reason, I thought it had a stronger scent. Barring that, all I bought was a bottle of water and a bottle of Gatorade. Sven treated me to a smoked turkey leg which I thoroughly enjoyed. The turkey leg was tough and Sven had a hard time trying to eat the thing. I guess I had strong teeth because I tore right into it.
Overall, I very much enjoyed myself. I didn't like the long lines. Also, it was warmer than usual for October. I like going to the festival in October because it is cooler and consequently I can wear my real cloak. My real cloak is made of heavy wool. It's equal to a very good wool blanket. With the heat, the last thing I needed to do was wrap up in a wool blanket. If you haven't been to the festival, I believe it running today and this coming weekend. It is a lot of fun. Cheers!

No comments: