Friday, October 13, 2006

New Links

I posted some new links on my blog. The first new one is for Old Soldier's blog. Old Soldier is a retired Army warrant officer. He's pro-military and patriotic. As I'm very much pro-military (I very much enjoyed my 26 years in the U.S. Air Force) and think the U.S. is the best country in the world, I very much like his blog and heartily recommend it.
The link to Jack Yan is interesting in that it offers different perspectives on various world events. Jack is a Taiwanese/New Zealand citizen who lives in Wellington, New Zealand. It appears he is something of a celebrity in New Zealand based on some of his blog entries. I can't say for certain as I've never watched New Zealand television. I also gather he is a very successful businessman and is the owner/publisher of the fashion magazine Lucire. I've enjoyed reading some of his comments on various issues. He also talks a lot about branding (product brands like Mars bars and Tide detergent and Rolls Royce cars) as this is one of his great areas of expertise. I confess discussions on that lose me but I like his reading his viewpoints which is why I recommend this site.
The last new link is to Life as a secret agent blog. As far as I know, this interesting lady isn't really a secret agent though she does like spy shows like Alias. She works for Proctor and Gamble (I believe) and is currently living in London. She took the opportunity of a lifetime and agree to a 2-year job posting there. As I seriously love London, she has made me green with envy. I can't wait till I can stroll down Pall Mall, look at the ducks in St. James park and see a theatrical show in the West End again. Her blog is interesting because she tells of her adventures and misadventures in London as well as giving her views on Cincinnati, Ohio. She swears it is one of the greatest cities in the world. I don't know if I agree with her on that but it is neat to read her blog entries on it. If you want to read some interesting posts on London and how an American would see things there, you'll want to check out her blog.

No comments: