Monday, October 30, 2006

My Condition

After waiting 11 days, I finally got to see the surgeon who operated on me. I very much wanted to see him so I could find out what was going to happen. Was I going to be allowed to drive a car again? The past 11 days have royally sucked because I was grounded. The cashier at the local Weis supermarket looked at me strangely when I started putting the groceries I'd bought in my backpack. I explained to her I wasn't allowed to drive because of a recent operation. I was interested to find out what was going to happen work wise. Could I go back to work? What would I be barred from doing till I was fully healed? All these questions ran through my head as I drove down to his office. To my dismay, I ended up at the wrong office. Luckily, the surgeon's office wasn't far and I managed to make it with 2 or 3 minutes to spare.
Dr. Daee was as nice as he'd been when I met him the night in the emergency room at Laurel Regional Hospital. He examined my scars, asked what I'd been eating, asked how I was feeling, what medications I was taking and what my various jobs entailed. He decided I could drive again and do light work until November 15th. I'm barred from lifting anything heavy and I'm not allowed to climb any ladders (I have to climb one to get to whatever spotlight I work when doing a show at Medieval Times.) until the 15th. The lifting restriction puts a bar on me delivering mail for the Post Office. The average tray of mail weighs 50 plus pounds and I'll have any where between 4 and 10 of those. So, I'm effectively barred from doing regular mail delivery. That said, I can deliver Express Mail as long as it isn't any heavy packages. It usually isn't. I should be able to work at SHARE as long as I don't lift anything. I plan to go in there tomorrow and help out.
Overall, I'm doing well. They took the bandages off at Dr. Daee's office and I appear to be healing fine. I plan to take it slow and make sure I get plenty of rest. I don't want any complications to arise because I pushed too hard too soon. I helped out Clinton for about 2 hours with his mail because he asked and he is one of the nicest people at the Post Office. It went fine. I plan to go to the Medieval Times Halloween party and auction tonight for an hour or so. I want people to see I'm still a member of the living and I'm recovering well. I should get back to work at Medieval Times Wednesday. That's all the news for now on how I'm doing.

No comments: