Sunday, October 08, 2006

The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe Soundtrack

The movie The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (LWW) is a movie that I've very much enjoyed. I liked it so much that I bought the soundtrack for the movie. This review are my thoughts on the soundtrack.
One of the main reasons I bought the soundtrack is because I wanted to music to where they introduce the title to the movie. I found that particular piece of music enchanting. I thought it did an awesome job of introducing the movie title. It turned out the score is called Evacuating London. Like the music in the movie, the score on the soundtrack is really nice BUT I would swear it's shorter. This was a real disappointment for me. Another disappointment is the score Only The Beginning Of The Adventure which has its good moments but seems to be a conglomeration of bits. I feel some of them should have been developed further. Some music they put on the soundtrack was a total waste. In my opinion, Tim Finn's Winter Light is a total dud.

Overall, I thought the soundtrack nice BUT I wouldn't rush out and buy it. I found it disappointing though perhaps part of my problem is my standards have gone up since the Lord of the Rings (LOTR) music. I still listen regularly to a CD I made of various scores from the three movies. I love the scores Concerning Hobbits, Evenstar, Hope and Memory, The Return of the King, The Grey Havens, The Breaking of the Fellowship and Annie Lennox's song Into The West. The LWW soundtrack doesn't come close to matching the beautiful music of the Lord of the Rings movies. Hopefully, Disney will produce a better set of scores for the next LWW movie Prince Caspian. We'll see in 2007.

No comments: