Friday, January 13, 2006

Lord of the Rings Stuff

The Council of Elrond website (www.councilofelrond.com) had a particularly interesting entry and link recently. Teenager Ben Gurin got to work the Lord of the Rings film exhibition in Indianapolis during its stay there. He tells of his experiences in an article in the IndyStar.com (http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060108/LIVING/601080359) I actually got to see the exhibition (see my December blog entries for my review of the exhibition) and thoroughly enjoyed it. I envy this teenager big time. It would've been so cool to have gotten to work the exhibition. Sadly, it is now returning to New Zealand for a six month stay. There isn't any word yet where the exhibition will go from there. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that they send it to either Washington D.C. or Baltimore. I'd very much like to see the exhibition again. For those who are interested in seeing the exhibition in New Zealand, it will be located at the Museum of New Zealand in Wellington. The museum's website is: http://www.tepapa.govt.nz/TePapa/English/.

No comments: