Monday, December 30, 2013

Wegmans Thousand Island Salad Dressing Review

I like thousand island salad dressing and when I saw the Wegmans brand thousand island salad dressing, I decided to give it a try. I know Wegmans makes good stuff. I found that their thousand island salad dressing lived up to their name. It has a good thousand island flavor and wasn't very expensive. A 1 pint (16 ounce) bottle sells for $1.99. Diet wise, the dressing is gluten free, lactose free and trans fat free. It does have a bit of fat in it. A 2 tablespoon serving will provide you with 17% (11 grams) of your daily allowance for fat (based on 2,000 calorie diet). Also, it has a bit of salt as the same serving has 260 milligrams of sodium (11% daily allowance). Calorie wise, 2 tablespoons of the dressing has 130 calories with 100 fat calories. (Source for nutrition information: one of the bottles of the dressing I bought).

Overall, I thought it was fine salad dressing. I don't know how it stacks up price wise compared to bigger name brand dressings like Wish Bone or Kraft. I plan to check that out some time and will post an update on it here. Happy dining all!

No comments: