Thursday, July 11, 2013

Arundel Mills Costco Optometrist

To appease my doctor somewhat at least, I decided to get my eyes checked by the Arundel Mills Costco optometrist. Why go there? For a couple reasons, 1) convenience - it's easier for me to see the optometrist there than it is to try to see one at a military clinic even though I will have to pay for it out of pocket and 2) it isn't that expensive.

I found out the Arundel Mills Costco has a new optometrist. Here name is Dr. Julie T. Tran. She's a new optometrist. According to the certificates on one of the walls at her offices, she graduated from the Pennsylvania College of Optometry in 2010 and completed her residency at a Veteran's Affairs facility in Palo Alto, California in July 2011.

I found Dr. Tran to be really nice and very professional. It was easy to deal with her and, I felt she gave me a very thorough eye exam. She was also kind enough to make a copy of the exam so, I could give that to the clinic I use to be put in my medical records. The exam cost $49.

Dr. Tran offers 2 other services which cost $20 each. One is a pupil dilation procedure when enables her to better exam the patient's eyes to see if there are any signs of glaucoma or other potential problems. I did this one and, I found it easy enough barring my dilated eyes being more sensitive to the sun after the exam until the eyes drops she used to dilate my pupils wore off. Sadly, I forget what the other test/exam was though I remember it too could help detect glaucoma. Obviously, I didn't have this one done. Dr. Tran didn't think it was necessary.

Overall, I was very pleased with this very nice lady and optometrist. I felt her fees were very reasonable. I'd gladly go back for another eye exam by her and would recommend her to any of my readers out there.

A correction was made to this post after an anonymous commenter told me Palo Alto is in California. Many thanks to the commenter on this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FYI, Palo Alto is in California.