Saturday, July 19, 2008

OK Cupid

I've been filling in my bio, adding a few photos and answering more questions on http://www.okcupid.com/. It's a free site where you can make new friends, find a possible date or maybe find someone to have sex with. I found the sex angle on the site somewhat shocking. They ask a lot questions about sex. I suspect there are some really weird people on that site. Still, it has its good points. I've been very impressed by how many single ladies it has in the Maryland, Washington D.C. and Northern Virginia area. I don't know what my chances are of meeting some of them. I will confess I'm picky. I want attractive and I won't settle for less. I'm content to keep going it alone if it means I have to compromise. I know a woman is more than looks and believe me, I take their personality into account too. I never forgot a date I had years ago with a stunner. Her personality stunk and the date was a massive dud. Another problem I suspect I'll run into is kids. I'm not real keen on becoming an instant dad because she has kids of her own. I think it's hard enough to make a relationship work without that addition of kids and ex's. Still, a lot women my age is likely to have them. Lastly, me and my gut are going to have to do battle. My job at the Post Office hasn't helped my weight situation. I'm subject to being called in on short notice and I can never be sure how long I'll have to work. That plays hell with my diet. I can eat a light breakfast and then not get home for 9 hours. By the time I get home, I'm starving and I overeat. My step-mom has suggested I carry snacks to re-energize myself but when I'm doing a route, I don't want to stop till I'm done. Also, after a long day at the Post Office, I don't feel like exercising. I hit the elliptical machine today for the first time in months. Boy, I was out of shape. I set it for level 5 and managed to last 25 minutes. My heart rate soared. Oh well. We'll see how it goes. Stay tuned.

No comments: