Friday, September 28, 2007

Optionals

My friend Harvey and I have been going through the optional tours for the cruise we'll be taking in March 2008. There is quite a list for each port. I find the list aggravating in that I wish some of this stuff was included in the cruise like it would be if I was taking a Globus tour. Instead, the only thing that'll be free is if we walk around the ports we pull into. Otherwise, the cost of the various optional tours run from $30 to $200. I find this part a real turn off as far as cruises go.
Another drawback I've found to our cruise is the time we'll have to leave each port. At 3 of the ports, we'll depart at 5 p.m. That means in a number of cases that we'll only have time to do 1 optional tour and then some looking around on our own. I wish we had more time in the various ports. That way, I could go scuba diving AND do a tour on the history of the place. As it is, I'm going to have to decide what is the tour I most want to do.
Still, I look forward to the cruise. It'll be neat to watch the ship pull out of port or pull into port. I look forward to exploring the ship too. The ship we'll be on is huge so there will be lots to explore and discover on board. Hopefully, the cruise will end up being a nice time.

No comments: