Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Iceland Hard Rock Cafe

I emailed Hard Rock Cafe's headquarters today to find out what happened to the Hard Rock Cafe in Reykjavik, Iceland. If you had a t-shirt from there, you had some bragging rights as not everyone goes there. To my delight, they quickly replied. They stated that the Reykjavik cafe was a franchise cafe. The franchise owners decided to close it in May 2005. I suspect they had a real problem with costs. Things are very expensive in Iceland. Because of that, a number of the menu items would've been very pricey and a turn-off to those visiting Iceland. I can understand how that is considering I paid $67 for a large beer, order of onion rings and a 10 ounce steak dinner in Bergen, Norway. Prices like that don't encourage business. Still, I'm saddened they closed it. It was neat getting a t-shirt from there.

No comments: