Sunday, March 18, 2007

Restaurant Review - Potbelly

I've been wanting to visit the Potbelly restaurant next to Arundel Mills Mall for a while. It's a sandwich restaurant specializing in 11 different sandwiches. You can get turkey breast, pizza, roast beef, chicken salad, vegetarian, tuna salad, meatball, Italian, A Wreck (salami, roast beef, turkey, ham and swiss cheese) and peanut butter and jelly. All sandwiches are a flat $3.99 plus tax. You have a choice of white or wheat bread. They have bottled sodas or a soda machine. They also sell milk shakes, malts, yogurt smoothies, sundaes, and hand scooped ice cream cones.
I tried the chicken salad and roast beef sandwiches. To drink, I had a vanilla milk shake. I found the sandwiches to be good. They were made right in front of me. They toasted the bread and offered mayonnaise, mustard, italian seasoning, lettuce, onions, pickles, hot peppers, tomato and oil on your sandwich. My only complaint with their sandwiches is that one would not fill you up. Also, there is no way I'm going to pay $4 for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich though I suspect it's popular with the kids. Shake wise, I was very pleased with the vanilla shake I ordered. It was excellent and a lot better than the one you can buy at McDonald's. My only complaint would be its size. It didn't seem very big though it did only cost $1.59 (I think).
Decor wise, the restaurant had an old time feel to it. They had a potbelly stove in the restaurant and stored various sandwich fixings on old time store shelves. It's a pleasant enough place to enjoy a sandwich and drink. Hours were also convenient with the Arundel Mills restaurant open Monday to Thursday to 9 p.m. and till 10 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
Overall, I thought the Arundel Mills Potbelly was a nice restaurant. It's a pleasant place to eat. I don't think it's great value. Value wise, I think you'd do better at Chipotle's or Golden Corral. Still, if you're hunkering for a sandwich, it might be the place to satisfy your sandwich craving. Bon Appetit!
Disclaimer: All opinions stated here are my own. I didn't receive any kind of reimbursement from Potbelly nor do they know of my review of their Arundel Mills restaurant. Each person has different tastes so you may like Potbelly better, the same or worse than I did. If you try them, I make no guarantees whether you'll like them or not. For further information on Potbelly, you can check out their website at http://www.potbelly.com.

No comments: