Thursday, March 01, 2007

Agent Ditto

I completed another mystery shopper mission today. It was another supermarket of a major chain. The mission was the same as before. I had to visit all six departments (produce, grocery, meat/seafood, pharmacy, bakery and customer service). I had to ask an associate from each one of the departments some kind of question and grade them on how well they answered if they answered at all. Another duty was rating how well or not the cashier did his/her job when I checked out with my mandatory purchase(s). Supermarket cleanliness both inside and out was another area I had to rate the store on. Lastly, I had to spend a minimum of 35 minutes at the store. I don't know why they mandate you stay that long. I guess to make sure you give the store a good lookover. In my case, the extra time caused to notice that the store's stocking staff wasn't doing their job. I found a number of sale items that weren't on the shelves and they should've been considering the store had only been open an hour when I did my mission. Overall, I found it easier to do the evaluation and play the part of a normal shopper.
I still not sure about the company I'm doing the mystery shopper missions for. I will say again that if they are a scam, they are the most thorough one I've seen. It took a lot of work to come up with the list of questions I have to answer when I do a mystery shopper mission. They also have a very sophisticated website. Plus, I can't see where they could take you for some serious money. I imagine they could apply for a refund from the supermarket chain for the purchases I've made for them but that money is minuscule. Lastly, they are very consistent in what they have you do. I'm waiting to see what happens with my first invoice I submitted for payment. That will give me some idea how legit they are. We'll see what happens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been doing secret shopping for years. It's super easy and kind of cool. I hope you get some good assignments!

Ditto said...

The ones at the supermarket chain have been interesting. I actually contacted the supermarket chain itself to make sure the company I'm doing the shops for (ICCDS) is legit. They contacted me back and confirmed they use them. That was a relief. I was afraid of getting burned by some kind of scam.