Saturday, March 17, 2007

Maryland Weather

This past week was a showcase of how Maryland is weather wise. Earlier this week, we had sunshine and the temperatures hit the low 70's. Yesterday, the temperatures dropped, it rained all day gradually turning into a freezing rain which made a mess of things. This morning, I got to try to pry my car door open without breaking the handle thanks to the ice freezing it shut. Later, as I was delivering mail, I had to watch out constantly for black ice. It was all very annoying. I suspect the problem weather wise is that Maryland is on the borderline between the North and the South so it gets both kinds of weather. We'll get warm Southern periods of weather then the cold Northern weather will move in. One thing that is particularly hard about Maryland weather is it makes it easy to catch a cold. The constant change in temperature is hard on the body. So far, I've been lucky cold wise (knock on wood). I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope it warms up soon. We'll see.

No comments: