Friday, April 24, 2015

Belle Sole Grilled & Marinated Asparagus Review

Back in February, Living Social offered a great deal on a BJ's Warehouse Club membership. Because of that, I decided to take the deal and join BJ's. As I had no idea what they had, I walked around their Columbia, Maryland warehouse club and discovered Belle Sole Grilled & Marinated Asparagus. As I really like asparagus, I decided to buy a jar of it and see if it was any good.

I found the asparagus thanks to the marinade has a really nice flavor. Thanks to Belle Sole not overcooking the asparagus, the asparagus still has some crunch left in it. I don't care for limp asparagus. Belle Sole also earns points with me in that they tell you how much dry weight i.e. actual asparagus you get in each jar (1 pound .75 ounces) which weighs 2 pounds 2.2 ounces.

Price wise, BJ's offers this fine product at what I think is a very good price i.e. $6.99. I liked the price so much, I went back and bought 4 more jars of it.

Another interesting thing to me personally is the product is made in Peru. I have fond memories of Peru from my Globus Legacy of the Incas tour there. That the product in Peruvian made another point with me.

Overall, I was really pleased with Belle Sole's grilled & marinated asparagus. It has good flavor, the asparagus is crunchy and, BJ's offers it as a very good price. It can serve as a nice side dish to a meal or as a nutritious snack. This is one product I'd definitely recommend if you like asparagus. I give this product a big thumbs up. Bon Appetit!

Update: Yesterday (June 5, 2015), I visited the Columbia BJ's and to my great displeasure found out the BJ's there no longer has this product. I don't know where else you may find it as I've never seen it at Sam's Club or Costco. I would recommend this product if you can find it.

Update: June 7, 2015: I decided to drive out to the BJ's at Owings Mills, Maryland to see if they have this product. To my delight, they do however, if you want to buy some, you may want to move fast as they don't have many jars left. I don't know if they'll be putting out any more.  I discovered another nice thing about this product. It has a long shelf life. According to the use by date on the lid, this product stays good for something like 2 years!

No comments: