Sunday, April 05, 2015

Cariloha Bamboo Throw Blanket Review

During my cruises on Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas with my fabulous Aunt Marge and cool Uncle Dave this past January/February, I made it a point to stop at the Nassau, Bahamas and Key West, Florida Cariloha stores. I really like their bamboo products even though they do tend to be more expensive then conventional ones. While visiting their Nassau store, I discovered that Cariloha had come out with a bamboo blanket. The blanket is made of 50% bamboo fiber and 50% polyester. Like all of their bamboo products, the blankets are incredibly soft. As I needed an extra blanket to keep me warm during the past winter months, I decided to get one.

The blankets come in 3 colors: harbor gray, sand and ocean blue. As blue tends to be my favorite color, I went with the ocean blue. Price wise, the blankets sold for $125 at the stores though I found out you can buy them $119 on their website www.cariloha.com/bed-bath/bedding.html. The blankets measure 50" by 70". Please note there is a difference between these blankets and their bamboo knit throw blankets. Their knit throw blankets aren't as plush though they are cheaper ($89 on their website).

After trying out my blanket, I can certify that it should keep you warm on cold nights. I do think they are a little more expensive then other blankets but, I they're worth it. They are incredibly soft and come in some very nice colors. Plus, bamboo is supposedly good for the environment. Lastly, I do like Cariloha. If you're in the market for a new blanket, this is one you might want to give a look at. They are really nice.

No comments: