Sunday, May 03, 2015

Trader Joe's Pomegranate White Tea Review

Another Trader Joe's tea I decided to try recently is their Pomegranate White Tea. The tea calls itself an "antioxidant powerhouse." It gets its antioxidants from the white tea part of the blend. At the same time, the white tea doesn't give a huge caffeine high. White tea in general is a very weak tea with a very faint flavor to it. In this case, the pomegranate extract Trader Joe's uses in the tea totally overpowers the white tea flavor though this isn't a bad thing. The pomegranate extract actually in my opinion gives it a better taste than if it were a straight white tea. As far as their antioxidant claim, I don't know how I could tell if that is true or not.

Price wise, the tea is very reasonable. A box of 20 tea bags costs $2.49 (this is the price I paid at their Elkridge, Maryland store).

The tea has 94% organic ingredients including organic white tea leaves, organic hibiscus flowers and organic lemongrass (Source: the box of the tea I bought) and is certified organic by the Quality Assurance International. The tea is made in Canada.

Trader Joe's recommends customers brew a bag of the tea for 4 to 5 minutes and sweeten if they so desire though I didn't feel it needed it.

Overall, I was pretty pleased with this tea. I like the pomegranate taste and appreciate the antioxidant benefits it gives drinking it. Also, I like the low caffeine levels. It's a tea worth checking out when you're visiting your local Trader Joe's store. Happy drinking all!

1 comment:

Ditto said...

Thank you for your comments Tricia Joy.