Sunday, November 01, 2009

Honeycrisp Apples

One of my MySpace friends (I forget who) raved about honeycrisp apples. She said they were pricey (she wasn't kidding there) but, they were very good. I'd never heard of the things. Later, I heard them being advertised at the local Safeway. My curiousity was peaked. So, when I visited the base commissary and saw them, I decided to try some of them. I found them to be better than red delicious apples. They have a better flavor. Also, they are every bit as crunchy as a red delicious. Price wise, they are expensive. Safeway sells them for $3 a pound unless you have their shopping card in which case they are $1.49 a pound. That isn't cheap but, they are good apples. I plan to buy some more of them while they're in season. If you like apples, I'd recommend you try these. Bon appetit!

No comments: