Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Worried

I'm a bit worried. My boss hasn't signed my leave form for my 2 Globus tours I'll be taking soon. My boss has assured me twice that I'll get to take my requested leave BUT, I know the jam we are in people wise. That jam got worse today when the regular carrier on one of our routes came down with chickenpox. He'll be out till Tuesday of next week. We don't have any spare subs to carry his route tomorrow so we will have to break it up among the subs. I don't know if we have any subs that will be able to carry it the other days he'll be gone. While that won't interfere with my trips, its things like that circumstance that I think could cause them to say I can't take my requested time off. If they do that, I'll be livid. I've been looking forward to these 2 tours for nearly 6 months. Also, I've been working my ass off at the Post Office. Out of the past 11 weeks, I've earned overtime 9 of them. I'm tired. I don't want to see the damn Post Office for a while. That is the biggest thing I'm looking forward to about the 2 tours. I won't be working at the damn Post Office. I doubt they would fire me if I went on the trips without their permission but, I'm former military. I NEVER EVER would've gone AWOL (absent without leave). To me, it would be same thing if I were to go on the 2 tours without an approved leave form. So, I'm worried and, I'll have to wait and see if my boss keeps his word. I hope fervently that he does. If he doesn't, I won't go on the trips BUT, I'll only be working there 1 day a week then because they can suck eggs as far as I'm concerned then. I really will be very pissed off. We'll see what happens. Stay tuned.

No comments: