Saturday, May 23, 2009

Scooter Update

I finally made the last payment on my new Yamaha Vino Classic scooter a couple days ago. I've been looking forward to getting this scooter for some time. They seem pretty cool and, they get great gas milage. That's important with gas prices inching their way back up again. The dealership had one such scooter in the color I wanted. It had been shown on display outside the dealership. Apparently, while it was outside, some how the tire got a puncture which they had to repair. They also ordered an entirely new tire which will arrive in about a week. I wanted to pick the scooter up before the Memorial Day weekend as that'll be a great time to practice riding it in the neighborhood where I live. I called them yesterday and, they said it was ready to be picked up. When I arrived at the dealership, they told me they wanted to call me but, they didn't have my number. Somehow, the carburetor got messed up. They wouldn't be able to work on it till this morning. They assured me the scooter would be ready by this evening. I'm hoping I'll be able to get to the dealership this evening before they close. I'm scheduled to do a full route and, I agreed to help another sub who will be assigned to a route he's never been trained on the route he'll have to do today. I plan to go in around 6 a.m. and do my best to get that route sorted and cased so he can hit the street at a decent time. I may also have to deliver part of the route. Hopefully, I can get all that done, get back to my place and get a ride to the dealership thanks to a friend who agreed to take me. If that didn't promise to make my day hectic enough, a Dell rep is going to come up and transfer some of my files, set up my email program and my Internet connection on my new laptop. I received that Wednesday. It's a very nice looking computer. I wasn't super impressed with all they promised they'd do but, I'd paid for the service so I might as well use it. We'll see how that goes. Stay tuned for more updates. Cheers all!

No comments: