Wednesday, April 01, 2009

So Much For Training

As any readers I have out there know, yesterday I was supposed to train on another new route. The route is shorter than the one I did for the first time by myself Monday so I went in a little later. I started casing some fliers we had to deliver that day on the route mail case. Then, the rural route supervisor informed me the sub that was supposed to cover the route I did Monday hadn't shown up. The sub was from another post office. As I've mentioned previously, subs from other post offices can be unreliable because they can get called in at the last minute by their post office. If that happens, my post office is SOL (shit out of luck). We have to unexpectedly scramble to cover the route. That's just what happened yesterday. The sub got called by his post office and, he wasn't able to do the route we assigned to him yesterday or today. I ended up having to do the route yesterday and will do it again today. My training got moved. The plan now is that I'll get to train 1 day with the regular carrier Thursday on the route I was supposed to learn. 1 day of training is standard procedure after you've learned 3 routes. That bites as it helps to have more training but, that's the way it is. You just have suck it up and do the best you can on the route. You'll learn it quickly enough when you have to do it. I'm improving considerably on the route I learned last week. We'll see how I do on the route I'll get to learn Thursday. Cheers all!

No comments: