Monday, April 20, 2009


Royal Lotus
I thought I'd post something a little interesting. Above is a picture of the ship I got to cruise the Nile on for 2 days. It was the first river cruise ship I'd been on. As you can tell, it is vastly smaller than the ships that cruise the Caribbean. I think it could handle a maximum of 124 passengers. The ship was very nice. My cabin was superbly kept by whoever cleaned it daily. The food at the dining room was good and plentiful. I wasn't impressed with the swimming pool or fitness center. I very much enjoyed the top lounge deck where you could sit, enjoy a drink and watch the scenery roll by as we made our way to Aswan. Another nice thing the ship did was various activities during the evening. The most fun one was the galibyah party where everyone had to wear a galibyah (traditional Egyptian dress). It was something to see the various tour members in their galibyah.
Overall, I very much enjoyed cruising on this ship and would gladly do so again. Movenpick does a fine job of running it. Cheers all!

No comments: