Sunday, April 26, 2009

Shades of Summer

We got our first hot spell here in Maryland. Yesterday, it got up into the 80's and today it hit 91 degrees fahrenheit (32.7 C). I'm not thrilled with the heat. It meant I had to turn on the air conditioning in my apartment and, I know that won't be cheap. However, I can't sleep in a hot apartment so I had to. Also, it isn't a lot of fun delivering the mail in the heat. It saps me and, I have to be careful I don't dehydrate too much. Thankfully, the humidity hasn't started YET. That'll hit sometime in July. The humidity makes it really bad here in Maryland as it's like being out in a sauna during the summer. I wish spring would last a bit longer as I like the cooler temperatures and the rain (barring delivering mail in it). Oh well. The weatherman is forecasting it'll get cooler in a couple days but, summer is definitely on its way. Cheers all!

No comments: