Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Scooter

Yesterday, I made another down payment on the Yamaha scooter I plan to get in April or May. By making pre-payments on it, I'm making it easier to make the final payment on it when I pick the scooter up at the dealership. $3,020 is a lot of money to shell out all at once.
I find it a bit embarrassing to go the cycle dealership to make the payments. The scooter I'm going to get is a seriously wimpy bike. It can't go faster than 40 mph and it looks seriously wimpy, especially compared to the sleek motorcycles they have at the dealership. Yet, I don't know if I'm going to like riding the thing or not and, I don't want to shell out over $7,000 for a serious scooter only to find out I don't like the thing. Plus, if you get a bike with a 50cc or larger engine, you have to do a motorcycle safety course and get a motorcycle license. That would be a royal pain. So, I'll stick with my plans to get my wimpy scooter and see how things work out. If I like the thing, I'll move up to something I can take out of the city and on the highway. We'll see how things work out.

No comments: