Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Old Saying

There is an old saying that goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." I was reminded of this when I decided to upgrade to Outlook 2007. I had no idea all the problems it would cause. First, I tried to use the free version Microsoft sent me. I was never able to get that to work and I couldn't figure out why. Then, I bought the 2007 upgrade version Microsoft's Professional Office suite. I received the same errors I had with the free version. I wondered if the Outlook Connector program was the problem. I uninstalled it. Eureka! Outlook started working but, I couldn't access my Hotmail account through Outlook. No problem, I just downloaded the program, installed it and it would work. Wrong! After downloading it twice and installing it twice, I realized I had to contact Microsoft technical support. I called them and got bounced around like a ping pong ball. Eventually, I did reach someone who knew how to fix the problem. They had to create a new profile so I could connect to Hotmail. I was out of the woods right? Nope. I couldn't remember the password for the SprintPCS email account. So, I had to contact Sprint who reset it and helped me set the account up on the Outlook program.
So, my Outlook program is working finally AT LAST. I hope I don't have go through this crap for a good while. I will definitely remember that old saying about not fixing something that isn't broke and hopefully follow its sage advice.

No comments: