Sunday, March 30, 2008

Free Rice

I promised secret agent Emily (http://agentemily.blogspot.com/) that I would mention the Free Rice website (http://www.freerice.com/index.php) on my blog. I saw it on her site, checked it out and I was impressed with it. The site helps raise rice to feed needy people all over the world. How it does is pretty interesting. Advertisers on the site agree to pay for 20 grains of rice for every right answer someone answers with its vocabulary quiz. The rice is donated to the U.N. World Food Program. The vocabulary database for the quiz contains thousands of words which are placed in 55 levels of difficulty. When you get 3 answers right in a row, the program takes you to the next level of difficulty. If you get an answer wrong, you drop down to the next lower level. The program is a great way for a person to increase their vocabulary while helping others at the same time. I've played their vocabulary quiz a number of times now and I've found it very challenging. If you like challenging word games and would like to help feed the hungry at the same time, check out the link above and try it.

No comments: