Saturday, March 15, 2008

Cruise Update

Greetings all! My apologies for not posting but, what Royal Caribbean Cruises calls nominal and what I call nominal are apparently two different things. When I got on-board, I checked into their WiFi service. I wasn't able to get my WiFi card to work on their system. I found out I would have to rent one of their cards at $50 and pay 55 cents a minute to access the Internet. I felt that was too much and so I haven't accessed the Internet the last 5 days. Today, the ship made port at Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands. As the U.S. Virgin Islands are part of the U.S., I was able to access the Internet via my PCS Connection card. Hurrah! It's great to be able to post again.
Sadly, I'll be back in San Juan, Puerto Rico tomorrow. From there, I'll fly home and go back to my very dull boring life. Oh well. I plan to catch up on entries for the cruise once I get back so there will be some interesting stuff to read the next week or so. I've dived 6 times in 3 different countries. I went deep sea fishing in St. Maarten though that turned out to be a royal dud. Today, I got to learn about real pirates that inhabited the Caribbean. It was very interesting. I actually bought my mom Kay a real piece of Spanish treasure. It's a real silver coin that was salvaged from the Nuestra de Atocha wreck off the Florida coast. I hope she enjoys it.
My friend Harvey and I are already planning our next cruise. We hope to take a 7-day cruise in 2009 that makes port in St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Barbados and Antigua. It would be on the same ship. We'll see if it happens.
That's all for now. Stay tuned for further posts. Cheers all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fantastic! Will you be posting some pictures eventually?

Ditto said...

Hi Jim,

I hope all is well with you. In regards to the cruise, I will post some pictures eventually. Strangely, I didn't take as many as I normally do. I suspect part of it was I didn't see much of Aruba, Curacao or St. Maarten. Most of my pictures will be of San Juan and Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, USVI. Part of the reason I want to do another cruise is because I didn't see much on this one. There was generally only time to do 1 particular event. So unless I signed up for sightseeing, I didn't get to see much of that particular island.