Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Canon Rebel XTi Camera Outfit Review

In previous posts, I've mentioned that I was going to buy a Canon EOS 30-D digital camera. The camera had all the features I wanted with one significant drawback. It's very expensive. Because of the cost, I kept dithering about it. Then, this past weekend, I set up a meeting with a friend for lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe in Baltimore's Inner Harbor. The Inner Harbor has some interesting sights and I wanted to show them to those of you who read my blog. I have a Minolta Maxxum 7000 35-mm camera which takes fine pictures but, I would've had to have to shot an entire 24-picture roll of film and I didn't think there was that much stuff there I wanted to take pictures of. Also, it would've taken 3 or 4 days to get the pictures developed unless I wanted to pay for some 24-hour service. I felt using my Minolta would've been too much hassle. I decided it was time to buy a new digital camera.

I belong to two discount shopping clubs in Maryland: Sam's Club and Costco. I'd seen the digital camera display at Costco a number of times when I'd walked in and decided to see what they had. It turned out they had a nice Canon Rebel XTi camera outfit for $799. The outfit included camera body, battery, battery charger and an 18-55mm lens. The only thing I'd have to buy was a compact flash memory card. The camera had similar features to the 30-D with it being $400 cheaper and I could get my hands on it right now. I decided to buy it. This is the camera I used to take the picture of the Baltimore Hard Rock Cafe I posted yesterday. So far, it seems like a pretty decent camera. I look forward to using it so I can post some nice pictures of places around Maryland and where ever I travel to. I did learn after I took the Baltimore pictures that I needed to drop the resolution for photos I'll post here. All my Inner Harbor pictures came in at around 4 megs a picture. Yikes! Still, those of you who read this blog can now expect to see pictures "oooo" of Maryland and where ever else I end up traveling to. Hopefully, you'll enjoy them and they'll make this blog a bit more interesting. All text makes for a very boring blog. Cheers all!

No comments: