Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Advertising on Cell Phones

I received a poll from Harris Poll Online (http://www.harrispollonline.com) that asked questions about advertising on cell phones. My reaction to the poll was one of disbelief. The last place I want to receive advertising is on my cell phone. Especially, when I have a set number of any time minutes and presumably the advertising would cut into those. Another problem I would have with advertising on my cell phone is that my cell phone is for important business. I use it contact people when I really need to i.e. I've used it to notify my Dad when I missed my plane when I was flying home for Christmas, I've used it to let my friend Harvey know I was on my way to Richmond so he would be at the train station to pick me up and I've used it to let my boss at Medieval Times know I was running behind but I was on my way to the castle. My cell phone is NOT some place I want to receive frivolous advertising. Hopefully, advertisers will leave cell phones alone. If they start bugging me on mine, I'm going to be calling that number at the FCC (I think that's the right agency) real fast that stops such calling.

No comments: