Tuesday, January 16, 2007

January 2007 Baltimore, Maryland Hard Rock Cafe Visit


Baltimore Hard Rock Cafe


Me and a friend had lunch at the Baltimore Hard Rock Cafe today. Earlier, I found out that the Hard Rock Cafe Corporation would deactivate my Access Club membership if I didn't use it at least once every two years. That wouldn't be any big deal except I've earned a $60 credit with the club and I didn't want to lose that so I decided it was time to make a trip to either the Baltimore or Washington D.C. Hard Rock Cafes. Both of the cafes are nice, though in my opinion, the Baltimore Hard Rock Cafe is the easier of the two to get to. It's located in Baltimore's Inner Harbor and is within easy walking distance from the Maryland Light Rail line across from Camden Yards (where the Baltimore Orioles play).

The cafe is your typical Hard Rock Cafe. The walls are covered with loads of rock memorabilia. I saw a guitar signed by Chrissie Hynde, a poster from a Grateful Dead concert, a drum played by John Bonham of Led Zeppelin and they have a green Cadillac in the center of the bar.

Food wise, I had some outstanding onion rings which I shared with my friend. For main entrees, he tried their bacon cheeseburger and I had their pulled pork sandwich. According to my friend, his cheeseburger was fine. I thought they were a little skimpy with the pork bar-b-que on mine. Still, it was a good sandwich and it was served with small side orders of excellent baked beans and cole slaw and a nice side order of fries.
Overall, the food was very good though to be honest, you don't go to a Hard Rock Cafe to eat the food. You go to check out all the incredible rock memorabilia on the walls. The Hard Rock Cafe Corporation reportedly has the largest collection of rock memorabilia in the world. Each one of their restaurants is a small museum of Rock and Roll. They're really neat places in that way.

No comments: