Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Tier 1

I received word Sunday that I'd made the necessary number of dining outs to keep my tier 1 status with Northwest Airline's reward dining program. It's been fun working toward that. I've tried just about everything on the menu at Remomo's. From eating there so often, I would recommend you not get their pizza as it is overpriced. Also, you can get better pizza at Papa John's or Pizza Hut. I would recommend you get their chicken parmiagiana as they give you a huge serving of parmiagiana and pasta. I would recommend the plate of mussels as you get quite a few mussels. That said, do plan on getting something to eat if you order the plate of mussels as they won't fill you up. I would absolutely recommend you have their prime rib as this cut of meat has been consistently outstanding. I've had this twice and it is something to savor. The soup of the day has been consistently excellent though I think the bowls are a bit small. For $5, I feel you should get more soup. Their soft drink deal is a nice deal with unlimited refills. I've taken full advantage of that. The smoothies are average priced and good but at $4.50 a pop, I have to cool my smoothie addiction when I'm at Remomo's. I can't say anything about their desserts as I haven't tried any of them in ages. The deal with the tier 1 was I had to spend $20 to get the airmiles. With an appetizer, entree and drink, I had no problem spending over $20. Plus, sometimes, I was so filled up from the meal, I didn't feel like having any dessert.
Airmile wise, the dining has paid off nicely. I have almost 14,000 airmiles with Northwest and may get myself up to the 25,000 I need. 25,000 airmiles will get me a free round-trip ticket from Baltimore Washington International Airport to Newark Liberty Airport so I can catch my flight to Copenhagen for the Globus tour. I could buy the airmiles through Northwest but they would cost more than the flight. I still think it sucks that it costs so many airmiles for such a short flight (163 miles). Oh well. At least the signs remain favorable for me going on the tour. We'll see if it happens.

No comments: