Sunday, December 10, 2006

Rosetta Stone Language Software

Before I begin, I have to put in a disclaimer stating that I haven't received any gift or remuneration for my recommendation of Rosetta Stone's language software. Also, if you should buy the software and you have problems (though you shouldn't), I won't be responsible for those problems. Nuff said on that.
The reason I'm mentioning Rosetta Stone is because right now, they are offering what is probably their best deal of the year on their software. You can get $46 off their level 1 or level 2 software and $80 off their combined level 1 and 2 package. You can get $100 off their level 1, 2 and 3 combined package BUT that is only offered for English and Spanish. Shipping wise, you get free 2-day shipping. Also, if you order by December 18th, you can get a free headset and microphone. In order to get these discounts, make sure you enter in promotion code EMC126. When I placed my order today, I nearly mucked that up and almost missed getting my discount.
Concerning the software itself, I've tried a number of language learning programs and the one I've liked the best is Rosetta Stone. It's easy to use. It helps you pick up the language quickly and it's presented in a nice format. Also, it helps you practice on different aspects of the language. You get practice speaking, writing, and hearing the language. You start out with very basic sentences like "the man runs" and work up to more difficult ones. You also get lots of lessons for your money. Level 1 in French gives you 92 lessons alone. One other plus about Rosetta Stone is they let you try out their software for free. They have demo software that you can download off their website or you can order the demo CD and install it on your computer. The demo software gives you a chance to try out the product and see if you like it.
Lastly, Rosetta Stone participates in Northwest Airlines' Worldperks Mall. What that means is that you can also earn airmiles buying the software. In the case of Northwest, they're offering 9 airmiles per dollar spent. In my case, for the combined level 1 and 2 package I ordered, I'll receive over 1,800 airmiles. If you belong to a different airline frequent flier program, if they have a shopper mall program, you might want to see if Rosetta Stone is a member of their program. Not only could you get a nice deal on the software, you could earn some airmiles that might help you travel to a country where you'll be able to use the language you're working on learning.

No comments: