Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Postal Job

I set a new record hour wise for myself Monday. I worked nearly 16 hours in one day. What happened was first, the primary carrier for route 7 called in sick. As I've previously mentioned, we are short as far as substitute carriers. All of them were already assigned to various routes so we had to stretch them that much further so we could cover the additional route. I was assigned to route 10. I really pushed hard to get it done and managed to finish at 6 p.m. Then, I picked up outgoing mail from two other carriers who were busy delivering mail. All outgoing mail must be turned in by 7 p.m. on weekdays for it to catch the truck going to the mail processing center in Capitol Heights, Maryland. Neither carrier would've made it back in time so it really helped me picking up their outgoing mail.
After that, I helped out one of the other substitute carriers on route 5 for 45 minutes. Once I finished there, I drove back to the Post Office expecting to be finished for the day but it was not to be. To the horror of my boss, Clinton discovered a mistake the made it necessary for me, Clinton and our boss to go back out and deliver some more mail. It ended up taking us over an hour to deliver it. I ended up clocking out at the Post Office at 10:21 p.m.

No comments: